Thursday, July 21, 2011

Carrot Cake Oatmeal

Try this oatmeal. It's simple, quick and tastes fantastic.

I started with my "oatmeal base" that I use for all my oatmeal recipes.

2 cups of milk
3 or 4 eggs
3 cups of oats

I whisk together the milk and eggs and pour in the pot on medium-low heat, then add the oatmeal and stir.

Next I added the things that make it taste good.

1/4 C of maple syrup (grade B is best)
2 heaping cups of finely shredded carrot
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t ginger
1/4 - 1/2 cup of raisins depending on how raisiny you want your oatmeal
Walnuts would also be great in here

Cook until you've reached your desired oatmeal consistency...in our family that's thick.

Then eat it and be thankful for God's glorious gift of Carrot Cake Oatmeal.

My 4-year old had 3 large helpings of this...and in case you missed it...that's vegetables for breakfast, my friends.

Up next...pumpkin pie oatmeal!

1 comment: