Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Beautiful bubbles!


Hooray!! I have yeast! (Generally, we ladies aren't so excited to say such a thing! :)

I started my first sourdough starter on Monday night. I was scared last night when the starter was so glutenous that I could hardly stir it. I powered through, fed it, and woke-up to some nice bubbles and growth this morning. It must have turned a corner overnight because it really smells very sour...I'm worried it's a bit too sour! I don't want my family to spit their lovingly prepared baked goods in my face. At any rate, I'm so excited for my starter to be growing and doing what it's supposed to do. (It's even grown quite a bit since I took this picture a few hours ago!) Another example of God's awesome creation!

1 comment:

  1. I bet it will turn out fine! You can always adjust your recipes a bit to "tame" the flavor. Hopefully when you are 90 years old you'll still have the same starter going! lol

    ReplyDelete